Monday, September 22, 2014

Mad For Favorites | September

Hi everyone, hope you are all have a great day.

Today I'm doing my first ever monthly favorites post, Mad For Favorites.

I probably won't do this every month because my favorites don't change that often but I will do it from time to time.

This may not be the most exiting post, and these aren't all beauty related, but if you want to know what I've been enjoying this month then stay tuned! :)

1. Flat Top Buffing Brush

First is this makeup brush. Let me start off by saying, I LOVE this. It's really nice quality, and blends my makeup in nice and smoothly. I use this when blending in my concealer, I buff the areas that just needs a bit of coverage, and pat all blemishes. I think that makes sense haha. I don't have expensive brushes, although I really want some, but the quality of this brush is amazing. I bought it from Target and that's all I can really say because I can't remember how much it was, sorry, I believe it was around $5.00, but don't quote me on that.


2. Shirts or Flannels

Next I've been loving wearing this flannel, or shirt however you may say it. This one is my FAVORITE because it's so comfy and casual. I like to wear this with some simple black leggings and my grey converse, or black wedged heels. Maybe I'll do an OOTD? Let me know if you'd like to see that. I bought this quite a while ago from Wet Seal, for about $20-$25.


3. Kellog's Nutri Grain

Quick disclaimer: I don't eat these because they claim to be healthy.
I recently discovered these, and they taste so amazing. If you're like me and you're too lazy to eat in the mornings before work or school, then you'll enjoy these, as long as you like apple and cinnamon of course. They're really handy just to eat in the car when you're in a rush (please don't eat and drive though haha). If you like cinnamon then these are definitely for you because the taste is quite strong. I think they're supposed to also give you a quick boost of energy? Correct me if I'm wrong.




4. Afterlight

Afterlight is an iPhone App for editing pictures and I LOVE it. It's my all time favorite editing app. I use it on all of my pictures on my personal Instagram and sometimes on my blog instagram @madforbeautyxo (If you go to my instagram from here, follow me and comment your blog name on one of my posts so I can follow you too!). If you're a fan of Kendall & Kylie Jenner then you'll like this because they use it ALOT. It's $0.99 on the Apple iTunes Store.


5. My Phone

Of course I have been loving my phone. Not much to say about that! Would you guys like to see a "What's On My iPhone" blog post? If so, please comment! I have the iPhone5s in gold, have any of you got the 6? Please excuse how dirty phone is, I hardly ever take the case off, I really need to clean it haha.


6. Beats

These use to be my brothers, but he got new ones so he gave them to me. Beats are so amazing, although I don't use them as much as I should.



 7. One Moment Perfume

Yes, I do like One Direction, but that's not the main reason why I bought this perfume. I can't describe the smell in many words but amazing. If you don't like 1D, doesn't matter. This is so worth $50. I'm interested in trying their new perfume, have you tried it? Also, the packaging is so cute!  



8. Carmex Cherry Lip Balm

I think on one of my blog posts I mentioned the original carmex lip balm, which is just as amazing as this one, but I love the cherry scent/taste of this one! It's a very moisturizing lip balm, and good at healing dry or damaged lips. I don't think they're very expensive. You can buy them in most drugstores, I think you can get them in the UK.


9. Chains

I know this is a weird thing to put on a favorites list, but I've been seriously loving chains lately! Only there's one problem.. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WEAR THEM. I have this gorgeous one from Guess, it's a rose-gold color, and I really want to wear it. I have a couple of times but I don't know how to style my outfit with it... Love it anyway!



10. Bath & BodyWorks

And last but not least is this hand gel from bath and bodyworks. I love most of the scents, but this is my favorite at the moment. Warm Vanilla Sugar, ahhh, it makes me thing=k of warm hugs... haha. It smells amazing, and lasts for a while. It is quite strong so if you're sensitive with that sort of thing I wouldn't recommend it. My all time favorite one is the Stress Relief one, works like a charm! I don't have it at the moment unfortunately. But I highly recommend it!


And that's all I have for today!

I know this isn't the most exiting blog post, but I hope you enjoyed it!

For those of you wondering, the Q&A should be here shortly.

Thank you so much for watching, stay tuned for next week!

Bye!

Maddie xx

Latest Blog Post - Top 4 Eyeliners
Q&A INFO - Ask Me Questions | Quick Update

 Please share this, it really helps me out! :) 



8 comments:

  1. Really good post - that brush looks really good! We do have Carmex in the UK but I haven't really explored the range much - might be getting some for this winter now!

    Debbi xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Aw good, make sure you let me know what you think!

      Maddie xx

      Delete
  2. I would love for you to do an OOTD! I really like bath and body works hand sanitizers, but unfortunately I can't use them because they have wheat in them. :(

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, I'll definitely do one soon-ish! Aw, that's ashamed! I'm sure you can find something similar, I'll let you know if I do!

      Maddie xx

      Delete
  3. great post..i like the chain a lot and the brush..its never bad to have to many brushes :)

    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read & reply to all! xo