Sunday, August 31, 2014

Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo | Review

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good day.

Sorry this isn't the most interesting post ever but some of you might want to see it! It's just a simple review, I'll do these from time to time so comment any product that you'd like to see me review below!

Not Your Mother's CLEAN FREAK Refreshing Dry Shampoo is what I'm reviewing today.





I'd like to point out that I don't use dry shampoo everyday. I wash my hair every other day, and if I see that its a little bit oily, I'll apply some of this. The reason I wash my hair every other day is because washing it everyday is bad for it, you're basically washing out all of the natural oils in your hair, causing it to dry out and get damaged.

I'm going to start with packaging, because that's almost as important as the product for me. I honestly really like the packaging, is it weird to say it looks refreshing? Probably, but it does! It's a decent size and doesn't feel "cheap", as in bad quality. Apart from that there's really nothing to say about the packaging, it's pretty basic.

QUICK TIP : Apply dry shampoo the night before rather then in the morning, I don't really know why this works better, but it honestly does. I think it's because it has more time to absorb the product, correct me if I'm wrong.

This product smells SO good, really fresh... I can't describe smells haha, sorry!

Onto the actual product. Pros & cons:

Pros of the dry shampoo: It absorbs excess oils, leaving my hair looking healthy. It lasts for a good amount of time, I don't find myself reapplying it every 2 hours. It also gives my hair a lot of volume.

Cons of product: It is a little bit drying and if you spray too much into one area it sometimes leaves a powdery finish which is not the easiest thing to brush out.

Also on the back there are instructions on how you're supposed to apply it, so I'll summarize that for you: Spray generously throughout hair, then brush through to diffuse powder.

I have heard good & bad things about this product but it works for me. This obviously won't be the best product for everyone, it all depends on your hair type. So if you don't like this product feel free to tell everyone why in the comments.


And that is all I have to say about this product!

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it! I hope this was somewhat helpful for you.


I was thinking about doing a Questions & Answers post next week so that you can all get to know me a bit better, so ask any questions below and I'll answer them! If I get at least 10 I'll do the post, if not I'll just answer them in the comments, feel free to ask more than one question!

Stay tuned for next weeks post!

Maddie x



 Please share this, it really helps me out! :) 

9 comments:

  1. Great post, love reviews! I think the packaging looks refreshing as well, great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review. I also wash my hair every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good review, I'm always thinking of trying dry shampoo. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried as few dry shampoos, when I'm lazy lol my hair is so long!!! I've never heard of this brand - but the name made me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I literally bought this product like a day before you posted this lol, and I definitely agree with all of your pros and cons. Great review, Maddie. Have a great day.

    xoxo,
    Breaya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read & reply to all! xo