Sunday, July 27, 2014

5 Products I Won't Be Repurchasing

Hi everyone! As you can tell by the title of this post, I'm going to talk about products that I don't plan on repurchasing. I know this is a bit of a negative post, but my others have been positive, and I want to mix it up a bit. If you like the products that I mention, then please don't get offended by my opinion. These products didn't work for me, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work for you! I won't be "complaining" about products, I'll be listing the pros and cons of them, so that you can see if these items are for you.

Just in case you're wondering, I did take these pictures with a camera rather than my iPhone, I used a Nikon d3200.

Now here's 5 products I won't be repurchasing...

1. ALMAY LIQUID LINER ( shade - black )




I wouldn't say that this eyeliner is bad, just that it's not for me. I like nice thin applicators, and this one is very thick and it almost comes off clumpy. I also dislike it because it doesn't "store" much product and I find myself dipping in way too much for each eye. The applicator isn't very flexible, making it harder to apply a precise line. That is the only problem with this products, the applicator. The formula of this eyeliner is great and very smooth, so if you don't mind thick lines then this would be fine. It is also very easy to remove, a little to easy if you ask me, meaning it's not sweat-proof haha.

2. RIMMEL Kate Moss Lasting Finish ( Shade - 002 Candy )






 I'm just going to start by saying that I don't dislike this brand. I am talking about the shade of the lipstick, not the product. I bought this thinking it was going to be a nice pinky-nude, and I'm sure I can't be the only one who's done that. If you're buying this type of lipstick, maybe do some research first, because this lipstick isn't very wearable. It's more of a metallic finish rather than the matt pink I was hoping for. I'm sure any other shade would look fine, it's just this one. I just thought I'd let everyone know that this isn't what you'd expect. Unless if you like the metallic look!

3. ALMAY Pencil Eyeliner ( shade - 034 Mocha ) 






I own enough eyeliners, in fact I own too many eyeliners! The reason I bought this one is the fact that it had the "smudge tool"... I'm weird like that. I also just needed a brown eyeliner. This one isn't for me because I like really pigmented eyeliners, and this one is really subtle. It also had little shimmers in it which I personally don't like. This would be perfect for going to school/work and for no makeup, makeup days as it's very natural. I don't think this eyeliner is bad, it's just not my 'type' as I'm used to black pigmented ones.

4. NIVEA a Kiss of Berry Swirl





I love all other Nivea products so please don't get the wrong idea when I say I dislike this one. All I look for in a lip balm is "moisture" and hydration, this one doesn't seem to do that for me. It hydrates them briefly but it seems to wear off very quickly, and I like long lasting lip balms. The plus side of this lip balm is the fact that it looks nice and it smells/tastes AMAZING. That's basically the only reason I still have it. This would be ideal for going to school and wanting a bit of a color on your lips and still being able to say its lip balm if you're not allowed to wear makeup :)

5. SIMPLE Exfoliating Facial Wipes





These wipes are supposed to be 'Kind To Skin'... I don't agree. I know that these are exfoliating wipes and they're meant to be kind of "rough" but these actually scratch my face. In my opinion, there shouldn't be exfoliating wipes, I'd much rather stick to face scrubs or exfoliation face masks. Don't get me wrong, I love simple as a brand, I use the cleansing and eye makeup removing wipes and they're my favorite! I also use a simple face moisturizer but I'll talk more about that in a future post...
*cough* skincare routine *cough*

That is all of 5 products!

Again, if you like these products please don't let my opinion offend you :)

If you would like to add onto this list, please feel free to warn me about products I shouldn't buy in the comments, and also let me know if you've ever tried any of the products above and be sure to share your opinions!

Stay tuned for next week *hint-hint* Benefit Post *hint-hint*

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you don't mind that this is my second post in one week!

Have a great day and I will post again sometime next week, bye!xx


MY LATEST BLOG POST - Top 2 Primers - Top 2 Drugstore BB Cremes

13 comments:

  1. Great post! I really like the idea of it. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I've heard a lot of people raving about the Kate Moss lipsticks! I'm not so keen on the colour of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the rest of them are good! Thank you!xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following. I just started following back. I really likes this post and think that these kind of posts are always very informative.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find these posts always very helpful!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post, I think it's just as important to know what products didn't live up to your standards as the ones that did. It's very helpful!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post!

    <3
    DON’T FORGET TO JOIN OUR GIVEAWAY, for a change to win a 14K gold Infinity Ring
    it takes 2 to fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'll check your bog out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post, always nice knowing which products just dont pan out.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read & reply to all! xo