Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top 3 Drugstore Concealers

For my first 'real' blog post, I am going to "recommend" my favorite drugstore concealers. There are many amazing concealers, but these three are my all time favorites. There is no particular order to these products, I love them all equally. Enjoy! :)

Maybelline Fit Me
(Shades 15 & 20)
This concealer is amazing at covering under eye circles, blemishes, discoloration and redness. Basically anything! I would recommend it as a blemish covering concealer as it's very pigmented. I personally don't use it as a under eye concealer simply because I have another one that I prefer* (scroll down to find it). I do use this on a daily basis and the product tends to last for a long time. These are the shades 15 and 20, as you can tell the concealer comes in many different skin tone shades, the one on the left (shade 20) is a very yellow based concealer in comparison to the right one (shade 15) which is pink based, so finding your shade should be easier then expected. 

Revlon Colorstay
(Shades 02 & 03)
Next is a Revlon concealer. This was my first ever concealer! It's better at covering blemishes then under eye circles. It tends to crease easily under the eyes, it does for me anyway, but like I said, good coverage for blemishes and discoloration. All the shades are very yellow toned so it's harder to find the perfect match. I don't use this concealer everyday as I have found others that I personally prefer, but who knows? This concealer could be perfect for you!
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
(Shade Fair/Clair)
Lastly is another Maybelline concealer*, this one is absolutely AMAZING at covering under eye circles. I use this everyday I wear makeup. It's great coverage with a thin, easy to blend, consistency. The applicator is so gentle on the eye area, and you only need a small amount of product. I always get a shade lighter then my usual tone since it is used to brighten the under eye area. To get an extremely brightened look, be sure to use a brightening powder on top so you don't end up blending it in with the rest of your face products. I only have this in one shade as it was, and still is, the perfect match for my skin.

And that is all! These are MY favorite concealers, what are yours? I'm curious so please let me know! Everything I say is of course based on my own opinion and I recommend these products based on my experience. Please don't base your purchases on my opinions.

Thank you for reading! Look forward to my next blog post sometime this week! Please leave suggestions/recommendations in the comments and I will reply! 

Bye! xx

5 comments:

  1. This is really good advice on these concealers, I'm very much a fan of "drugstore" makeup and am always on the lookout for new bargain buys.

    Again great post <3

    goldenbairn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is Collection Lasting perfection, It's really creamy without being cakey- it works really well both for blemishes and under the eyes. I really like the look of that last Maybelline one though, I might have to check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try the Collection Lasting perfection! The last Maybelline one, Instant Age Rewind, is amazing!!xx

      Delete
  3. love it ! i love Maybelline Instant Age Rewind ! is the best on my opinion , when you talk about mascara im going to let you know about one that i adore!

    P.S. if you see 2 comments of mine that are the same, im sorry, im having problems with the internet connection!

    xo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, definitely one of the best drugstore concealers!
      Thank you so much! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read & reply to all! xo